Women Who Write, Inc.
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Cover Art Guidelines for Goldfinch Vol. 22 (2019-2020)
By Mary ann Mosa, Editor-in-Chief
Guidelines for submission:
- Goldfinch is printed as a ½-page letter size booklet
- Finished artwork should measure 11" wide x 8½" tall (aka landscape orientation)
- The center of the artwork will form the spine/binding area; no "important" content should appear in the center
- All submissions must be electronic and in .jpg or .png format, in the highest resolution possible (.pdf files will not be accepted)
- Title, volume number and years will be overlaid during publishing
- There is a limit of 3 submissions per member
- Each submission must be complete at the time of submission
- Artwork must be related to writing and/or the Women Who Write organization; artwork may or may not include a goldfinch depiction
By submitting your artwork, you acknowledge that it is your own work and it has not been published previously.
- Submissions will be accepted beginning Saturday, December 14, 2019.
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, January 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET.
- The Editor-in-Chief will determine the winner of the cover art submissions no later than Monday, February 17, 2020. Communications will then be sent to all those who submit cover artwork.